Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Remembering When..

My husband had suggested I go to the beauty salon and have my hair done for Mother's Day. I think he suggested this to get me out of the house so that he can work with the kids making crafts for me for Mother's Day. I was happy he did, because I needed a new hair color change. It has been a long time since I have had this done.

While I was driving there, I was thinking of when I was going through my IVF cycles. I was on my very last IVF try. I say last IVF try because my doctor told me that I didn't have to many more follicles to produce after this cycle. I was already on the strongest meds I could be on to produce.

A couple of weeks after I had the transfer of my embryos I went to have my hair done. My hairdresser (Teresa) who I have used for several years started working on my hair and asked what I was using different on it.

I advised her the same old stuff as always. She asked how my IVF was coming along. I explained that I just had a transfer done. She began to smile at me and tell me, "I know something that you don't know". I of course had no idea what she was talking about, but wanted to know what she could possibly know that I didn't.

Teresa asked me if I had my pregnancy test done yet. I told her I was due for it in a couple of days. She then told me that she bet a Million dollars that I was pregnant. She said she could tell by how my hair looked and felt... She said that the baby was taking a lot of nutrients from my hair.

Well of course hearing this I couldn't wait for the test. The day finally came and I had my pregnancy test and sure enough I was pregnant! Shortly after that I had our ultrasound done and was told that we were expecting TRIPLETS. I called Teresa and told her I was going to have triplets and she said this would explain the reason that my hair was so (let's say fried).

Whenever Teresa would comment on my hair I would ask if she knew something I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment